- Cinemascope Independent Film Journal was founded to satisfy just such a need of offering reflection which begins, again and again, with “coming out of a film…”
- Cinemascope offers a space to articulate this need and to share with others in a dialogue of mutual exchange.
- Cinemacope is an on-line magazine concerned with cinema, audiovisuals and new media.
The name Cinemascope was chosen because of the liberation of vision which the cinemascope technology brought to the cinema.
Like the widescreen technology, the Cinemascope journal seeks to provide a forum for extending the horizons of knowledge in the cinematographic, audiovisual and communicative fields.
In its form, in its choice of themes, and in its selection of articles, Cinemascope sets out to convey and extend the enjoyment of cinema.
According to its vision, such enjoyment and so too, the journal, emerges from the interplay of the cinematic elements as they are structured and regulated (or guided) by essentially two principles: the pleasure of writing and reading, and the enjoyment found in dealing with films with an independence of mind and heart (or intention, will).
- The adjective “Independent” refers to:- openness to different types of theoretical orientation.
Cinemascope proposes to welcome diverse visions, even marginal or emerging ones, according to a principle of the interface and hybridization between culture, technology, approaches and spheres of action, in the attempt to create an attentive conversation between theories;
- – openness both to theory and to practice, together.
Both those who think and those who act, although dramatically separated and even opposed in western culture, will be able to confront each other to build a common discourse around the selected themes of each issue of the journal
- openness to the particularities of cultures.
Cinemascope operates in an international context and actively participates in a fuller dialogue between cultures.
The Themes Cinemascope is a thematic review.
Every number is dedicated to a particular theme concerning cinema or audiovisuals.
A notice of call for papers with themes and deadlines of upcoming editions will be posted in each issue.
Each theme can be explored according to different approaches and points of view.